Hopkinton Frequently Asked Questions
Trash and Recycling
Trash – picked up every week on assigned day. Only the provided green bin. Extra bags available at Hopkinton Lumber and Price Chopper.
One combustible item a week that you do not need to call about. White metal disposal last Saturday of the month at Highway Dept (83 Wood St). Call EL Harvey’s to dispose of other items not accepted by Hopkinton.
See Schedule: https://cms5.revize.com/revize/hopkintonma/322576_EL%20Harvey_Hopkinton_Proof_2.pdf
Condominium complexes have their own private pick-up, through HOA.
No neighborhood schools. Prefer to keep all kids in town together. No preferred area of town because of better schools. Keep resources for each grade together.
- Recycling – Blue bin provided. Can get buy an extra bin through EL Harvey or privately, mark it, make sure it can be picked up by truck. Picked up eery other week.
- Drop-off Saturdays (7:30am – 3pm) at Harvey’s on Wood Street.
- Marathon School – Pre-K to 1st grade
- Elmwood School – 2nd and 3rd grade
- Hopkins School – 4th and 5th grade
- Hopkinton Middle School – 6th – 8th grade
- Hopkinton High School – 9th – 12th grade
- EMC Park
- KidSpot in Ashland
- School playgrounds when schools are not in session
- Senior Center, Respite Center, BayPath Society, Project Just Because, HPTO
- Hopkinton Moms Group
- Hopkinton Womens Club
- Hopkinton Garden Club
- Hopkinton Lions Club
Project Just Because
Running Errands – Milford to the South; Westborough to the North
Framingham/Worcester line runs from Worcester – Boston Train Stations – Ashland, Southborough, Westborough
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, DI
- Town Little League – must be 5 before April 30th
- Town Basketball – starting 2nd grade
- Town Soccer – starting at 4 years old
- Gymnastics - Shen’s, Holliston, Elite, Ashland
- Karate – Next Generation, Holliston, Cormier Self-Defense, Holliston
- Tennis courts – in front of Middle School
- Westborough Tennis and Swim Club – 11 tennis courts, pickleball courts, outdoor pool that becomes indoors Labor Day – Memorial Day, fitness classes, indoor basketball, equipment, separate Kids’ Gym, childcare, camps.
- Hometown Hospitality
- Hopkinton Uncommon
- Hopkinton Dads
- Buy Nothing, Hopkinton
- Class of XXXX pages
- Hopkinton Yard Sale
Town of Hopkinton, MA
The official website for the Town of Hopkinton, Massachusetts.
...because education matters.
Educate Hopkinton’s goal is to keep people up-to-date on the budget process and the Town’s financial needs. Membership is free and entitles you to vote for our Board Members at our Annual Meeting. Members are welcome (but not required) to attend board meetings, serve on a committee or run for a board position. The only requirements are that you subscribe to our email list and you are resident of Hopkinton.
The Hopkinton Independent -The Big Picture in a Small Town" - local delivering local news you need, right to your mailbox every other week.
Follow us on Facebook.
For pdf's of the current and past issues, please visit our website at www.hopkintonindependent.com.
The Hopkinton Parent Teacher Association is "teaming up for education". The HPTA's Mission is to support the enrichment and betterment of the Hopkinton Public Schools through direct volunteers and donations and by providing a forum of communication between parents, teachers, administrators and community. Join the HPTA and stay connected by what's going on in our classrooms and in our schools.